Sew Postpartum Diapers
Sewing postpartum diapers are fast and easy with this postpartum diaper pattern. Have complete, full coverage for after birth! This postpartum diaper is designed for the first week following childbirth. The soft fabric will keep you comfortable when you are most sensative as well as keep you clean and dry. This design comes with 4 sizes. These sizes range from waste/hip (whichever is larger) 22-58". This full coverage postpartum diaper is shaped like a diaper, so it will hold in any mess. Midwives and doctors globally recommend using postpartum diapers for after birth. In fact, many women use Depends or other disposable products. Unfortunately the disposable products do not offer the same comfort, or protection as cloth.
This postpartum diaper pattern has the option of being an AIO (all in one) or a POCKET style. An AIO is a postpartum diaper that has the soaker built into it. A POCKET is a style of a postpartum diaper that has an opening for putting a soaker inside of it before use. The benefit of an AIO is that the wearer (or caregiver) would not have to worry about stuffing the postpartum diaper before use. The benefit of a POCKET is that the wearer would have complete control of how much absorbency is placed into the postpartum diaper depending on their individual needs. Another benefit of the pocket is that the wearer will have a place to put an icepack for those first few days when healing begins.
The side snapping design allows the wearer to use like briefs. However, if there is a mess, it is very simple to unsnap!
This postpartum diaper pattern & tutorial Includes
- Professional Printable pattern pieces from a home printer.
- Size Chart and Supply List
- Helpful hints on how to use snaps
- Helpful hints on how to use many types of fabrics
- Helpful hints on how to sew with PUL (leak-proof fabric)
- Directions on how to make an AIO (all in one) or POCKET style postpartum diaper
- Directions on how to make a soaker that fits perfectly in this design (holds 10 oz)
- Hints on how to add more/less fabric for a custom soaker to suit the wearer's needs
- Helpful hints on how to make an AI2 (a postpartum diaper that doesn't include a leakproof barrier)
- Step by step directions with real life images for each step
- 100% Support from a professional seamstress
Unique postpartum diaper pattern design
- Fits older youths to adults with a waste/hip size of 22-58"
- Use side snaps for a secure breif like fit
- Hidden elastic in legs
- No bulk design will keep the wearer comfortable
- No Serger needed
Add this postpartum diaper pattern to your cart. Once checkout is complete, the postpartum diaper pattern download will be available in your account. You can download anytime from any computer easily! Our system will store the postpartum diaper pattern for you too so you don't have to worry about ever losing it!