Sew reusable dish and bowl covers!
Sewing Level: Beginner!
Sewing your own dish covers is fast and easy. Don't spend a lot of money purchasing them premade when you can make them yourself cheap and easily. They are washable thousands of times and will hold up to a plethora of tasks.
With everything 'going green' these days, people forget how much waste is in the kitchen. Tin foil and plastic wrap are HUGE contributors to our landfills, not to mention how much of your money is wasted year after year by buying these throw away products.
- A reusable dish cover is a fabric cover that you can wash in the washing machine when it's dirty.
- Wipe it off when it's not dirty and put it away again
- Holds up to a lifetime of washings
- Put it on any dish that you would use plastic wrap or tin foil on
- Need a cover for a large or abnormally sized dish? This is the answer! Make a custom cover!
- Included in the images is our home refrigerator. You can see how we use these covers for everything.
Whether you are just beginning to 'go green' by using more cloth, or if you are a novice, you'll love these dish covers. It's a perfect addition to any kitchen. They also make GREAT gifts!
Options: 5 sizes included (2" - 12" bowl), plus instructions on how to make a custom cover regardless of size.
- Main Top Fabric: Cotton Fabric
- Quilting cotton
- Bottom Layer Fabric: Waterproof fabrics or Medium Weight Woven fabric 56-60” wide
- Food Grade PUL (Polyurethane Laminate) which is a type of waterproof fabric
- Medium weight cotton: Canvas or duck cloth fabric
- Top Layer Fabric: Up to 15" x 15" for round bowl covers and yardage for custom dish covers vary depending on your dish size
- Bottom Layer Fabric: Up to 15" x 15" for round bowl covers and yardage for custom dish covers vary depending on your dish size
Machine requirements: Sewing machine.
Notions: Matching Thread and 1/4" Elastic.
What's Included: *Please Note: This is a PDF Sewing Pattern. You will not recieve anything in the mail.
- Color Coded No Trim Pattern Pieces in these formats:
- 8.5 X 11 US Letter
- A0 (Copy Shop)
- Projector File
- Imperial Measurements
- Step-by-step Sewing Instructions with detailed pictures to help you understand the steps.
- Fabric suggestions & supply list
- Helpful sewing hints & tips throughout the tutorial
Check out the Mamma Can Do It Blog! It is full of resources, hacks, and tutorials for MCDI Patterns.
This is a PDF sewing pattern and tutorial to teach you how to create these garments. YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE ANYTHING IN THE MAIL.
Once checkout is complete, the download will be available in your account. You can download this pattern anytime from any computer. Our system will store the pattern for you too, so you don't ever have to worry about losing it. PLUS any time we update the pattern, you will have free access to our updates.