Sewing Level: Beginner or Adventurous Beginner!
The Men Boxer & Lounge Shorts pattern is a loose fitting knit boxer short that is sized for men, but can be used for anyone. The no back seam and rectangle gusset design gives extra comfort and room to move at the legs and hips for relaxing or for more athletic pursuits. It is made for knit fabric and has an optional working fly. It has two shorts lengths and a low rise option. There are instructions on how to sew a regular enclosed elastic waistband or an exposed elastic waistband. You'll love this design!
Waistband: Enclosed or Exposed Elastic
Fly: No fly or working fly
Fabric Requirements: Knit fabric with at least 4-way, 25% stretch. Fabric suggestions include but are not limited to: Lighter weight cotton jersey, cotton interlock, and bamboo spandex.
Notions: Matching thread, 1.5" elastic and interfacing (optional for fly).
Machine requirements: Optional serger or sewing machine with a zig zag (or other stretch type) stitch.
What's Included: *Please Note: This is a PDF Sewing Pattern. You will not recieve anything in the mail.
- Color Coded No Trim Pattern Pieces in these formats:
- 8.5 X 11 US Letter
- A0 (Copy Shop)
- Projector File (includes unfolded pattern pieces)
- Imperial & Metric Measurements
- Step-by-step Sewing Instructions with detailed pictures to help you understand the steps.
- Fabric suggestions & supply list
- Helpful sewing hints & tips throughout the tutorial
Check out the Mamma Can Do It Blog! It is full of resources, hacks, and tutorials. This is what we have for this pattern:
- Knit Boxers: How to Measure and Choose the Perfect Size
- Knit Boxers: Fitting and Pattern Adjustment Tutorial
This is a PDF sewing pattern and tutorial to teach you how to create these garments. YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE ANYTHING IN THE MAIL.
Once checkout is complete, the download will be available in your account. You can download this pattern anytime from any computer. Our system will store the pattern for you too, so you don't ever have to worry about losing it. PLUS any time we update the pattern, you will have free access to our updates.