Sew reusable dish and bowl covers!
Sewing your own dish covers is fast and easy. Don't spend a lot of money purchasing them premade when you can make them yourself cheap and easily. They are washable thousands of times and will hold up to a plethora of tasks.
If sewing instructions could get easier, this pattern would have them all beat. Whether you are just beginning to 'go green' by using more cloth, or if you are a novice, you'll be in love with these dish covers. It's a perfect addition to any kitchen. They also make GREAT gifts!
With everything 'going green' these days, people forget how much waste is in the kitchen. Tin foil and plastic wrap are HUGE contributors to our landfills, not to mention how much of your money is wasted year after year by buying these throw away products.
- A reusable dish cover is a fabric cover that you can wash in the washing machine when it's dirty.
- Wipe it off when it's not dirty and put it away again
- Holds up to a lifetime of washings
- Put it on any dish that you would use plastic wrap or tin foil on
- Need a cover for a large or abnormally sized dish? This is the answer! Make a custom cover!
- Included in the images is our home refrigerator. You can see how we use these covers for everything.
- Main Top Fabric: Cotton Fabric
- Quilting cotton
- Bottom Layer Fabric: Waterproof fabrics or Medium Weight Woven fabric 56-60” wide
- Food Grade PUL (Polyurethane Laminate) which is a type of waterproof fabric
- Medium weight cotton: Canvas or duck cloth fabric
- Top Layer Fabric: Up to 15" x 15" for round bowl covers and yardage for custom dish covers vary depending on your dish size
- Bottom Layer Fabric: Up to 15" x 15" for round bowl covers and yardage for custom dish covers vary depending on your dish size
- Matching Thread
- Sewing Machine
- 1/4" Elastic (up to 23" long)
- Safety Pin
Reusable Dish and Bowl Covers Pattern Details:
Sewing Level: Beginner!
The Reusable Dish and Bowl Covers Pattern Includes:
- Printable pattern pieces for 5 sizes (2" to 12" bowls)
- Directions on how to create a custom size cover for any bowl or dish regardless of size!
- Step by step directions with real life images for each step
- Supplies list - What type of fabric you should use to make covers waterproof or breathable.
- Helpful hints and tricks
- 100% Support from a professional seamstress
After purchasing this sewing PDF pattern you will get an email with a download link. You can download the sewing pattern anytime from any computer. Our system will store the pattern for you too in your account, so you don't ever have to worry about losing it. PLUS any time we update the pattern, you will have free access to our updates. YES!