The reversible Adventure Bag is the bag for all your fun adventures! It comes in medium or large tote size with color block options as well. It makes a beach bag, a pool bag, a library bag, or a gift for a friend or family member. You can make it with straps or with belting from your local craft store.
- Main Fabric: Medium Weight Woven fabric 56-60” wide
- Canvas, duck cloth, outdoor fabric, upholstery fabric, or even recycled curtains
- For non color blocked bag fabric requirements are as follows:
- Medium Bag: 5/8 a yard main fabric and 5/8 a yard of liner fabric
- Large Bag: 7/8 a yard main fabric and 7/8 a yard of liner fabric
- See Cut Chart in tutorial for yardage requirements for the color blocked bag.
- Matching thread
- Machine Requirements:
- Optional serger or sewing machine
- Optional Supplies:
- 13” x 22” plastic canvas (bottom support)
- 1.5-2” belting or webbing (straps)
- Medium bag: Cut two 20" strips
- Large bag: Cut two 30" strips
- Large quilting ruler
Please note the following:
- The directions in the tutorial are written with a beginner in mind.
- Lighter weight woven or even knit fabric can be used if interfacing is used to provide structure.
- Printing the pattern pieces is optional. All fabric can be cut by using the cut chart provided below. A large quilting ruler is helpful if using the cut chart.
Adventure Bag Pattern Details:
Sewing Level: Beginner!
The Adventure Bag Pattern Includes:
- Layered, Printable pattern pieces for 2 sizes (Medium and Large)
- Choose to print on size 8.5x11 or A4
- Printable pattern pieces for a medium reversible bag
- Printable pattern pieces for a large reversible bag
- Printable pattern pieces for a medium color block reversible bag
- Printable pattern pieces for a large color block reversible bag
- Printable pattern pieces for medium and large bag straps
- Guide to choosing fabric
- Helpful hints and tricks
- Easy pattern assembly guide
- Step by step directions with clear images for each step
- Thoroughly tested pattern and tutorial by our fantastic MCDI tester team
- 100% Support from a professional seamstress
This is a PDF sewing pattern and tutorial to teach you how to create these garments. YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE ANYTHING IN THE MAIL.
After purchasing this sewing PDF pattern you will get an email with a download link. You can download the sewing pattern anytime from any computer. Our system will store the pattern for you too, so you don't ever have to worry about losing it. PLUS any time we update the Adventure Bag, you will have free access to our updates. YES!
Check out the Mamma Can Do It Blog! It is full of resources, hacks, and tutorials for MCDI Patterns.