Sewing Level: Beginner!
The Breezy Shorts pattern is a 3-in-1 pattern for babies Nb-24 months. In this pattern there are 3 separate shorts patterns so that you can make shorts with woven fabrics, knit fabrics, or a blend of woven and knit. These shorts are meant to have a loose breezy fit with 4 length and 4 hem options. You can sew up the Breezy Shorts with a traditional hem, ruffles, cuffs, or tall fold over cuff. There are also 3 waistband options: elastic, regular yoga, and tall yoga. The tall yoga waistband is excellent for extending sizing. Another great option is the faux drawstring or bow front. These shorts are really easy, fun, and a great fit! This will be a favorite shorts pattern for your little one for sure!
• Fit: Comfy (Woven or Knit Fabrics), Regular (Woven or Knit Fabrics) or Slim Fit (Knit Fabrics Only)
• Hem: Traditional Hem, Ruffled, Knit Cuffs, or Tall Knit Cuffs (Great for Growing!)
• Length: Knee or Above Knee
• Waistband: Elastic, Yoga or Fold-over Yoga
Fabric Requirements: Woven or Knit fabric 56-60" wide. Fabric suggestions include but are not limited to: For Woven Fabric: Quilting Cotton, Twill, Seersucker and Denim. For Knit Fabric: Cotton Lyrca, Cotton Jersey, French Terry and Jegging.
Notions: Matching thread, 1" wide Elastic (optional).
Machine requirements: Optional serger or sewing machine with a zig zag (or other stretch type) stitch.
What's Included: *Please Note: This is a PDF Sewing Pattern. You will not recieve anything in the mail.
- Color Coded No Trim Pattern Pieces in these formats:
- 8.5 X 11 (US Letter)
- A0 (Copy Shop)
- Projector File
- Imperial Measurements
- Step-by-step Sewing Instructions with detailed pictures to help you understand the steps.
- Fabric suggestions & supply list
- Helpful sewing hints & tips throughout the tutorial
Check out the Mamma Can Do It Blog! It is full of resources, hacks, and tutorials for our Patterns. See what's available for the Baby Breezy Shorts:
- Bib Romper Hack
- Breezy Shorts Bubble Modification
- Cloth Diaper Mod for Breezy Shorts
- Adding a Side Ruffle to your Breezy Shorts
- Pocket Color Block Hack
This is a PDF sewing pattern and tutorial to teach you how to create these garments. YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE ANYTHING IN THE MAIL.
Once checkout is complete, the download will be available in your account. You can download this pattern anytime from any computer. Our system will store the pattern for you too, so you don't ever have to worry about losing it. PLUS any time we update the pattern, you will have free access to our updates.