This beginner friendly pants pattern is the perfect fit, every single time! They are fitted through the waist and hip and you can choose to add hip pockets and/or back pockets and a faux fly. You have the option of making these pants as skinny leg, regular leg, wide leg or even bell bottoms. Make them into shorties, mid-thigh shorts, knee length or capris. It's up to you! This pattern uses knit fabric with a stretch of anything over 40%. Stretch denim frequently works great! You'll love this design!
Included with this pattern is our Fit Worksheet to help you get the best possible fit.
See All Fit Pants Patterns
What to wear with your pants:
Also available in these styles:
Length: Shorties, Mid-Thigh Shorts, Knee Length Shorts, Capris or Pants
Pockets: Front and 2 Styles of Back Pockets
Waistband: Elastic Waistband
Fabric Requirements: Knit fabric 56-60” wide with at least 2-way 40% stretch. Fabric suggestions include, but not limited to, Cotton Jersey, Cotton Spandex, French Terry, Ponte and Jegging Knit Denim. Stretch denim also works great for more of a jeans style! Yoga Waistband requires at least 50% stretch with good recovery. Fabric suggestions include, but not limited to, Ribbing, Cotton Lyrca and Interlock.
Notions: Matching thread, Elastic for waistband
Machine requirements: Optional serger or sewing machine with a zig zag (or other stretch type) stitch.
What's Included: *Please Note: This is a PDF Sewing Pattern. You will not recieve anything in the mail.
- Color Coded No Trim Pattern Pieces in these formats:
- 8.5 X 11 US Letter
- A0 (Copy Shop)
- Projector File
- Imperial & Metric Measurements
- Step-by-step Sewing Instructions with detailed pictures to help you understand the steps.
- Fabric suggestions & supply list
- Helpful sewing hints & tips throughout the tutorial
Check out the Mamma Can Do It Blog! It is full of resources, hacks, and tutorials.
Modifications for this pattern: Click Here to see the full list.
- Adding a front "jeans style" pocket and waistband casing
- Adding Button Tabs to the Boy Fit Pants
- How to Add Color Block for Boy Fit Pants
- Fit Pants Front Patch Pocket Hack and Tutorial
- How To Add Reinforced Knees to the Boy Fit Pants
- Fit Pants Hack: Adding an Elastic Band and Increasing the Rise
- How to Add a Short Yoga Waistband to the Fit Pants
- How To Make Easy Cuffs for Kids' Pants
- Single Layer Pocket Tutorial
First time sewing with knit fabric?
Don't worry, I have a short video on the easiest way to fix the frustrations that we all have with using knit fabric. Click here to view the video.
This is a PDF sewing pattern and tutorial to teach you how to create these garments. YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE ANYTHING IN THE MAIL.
Once checkout is complete, the download will be available in your account. You can download the cinch dress pattern anytime from any computer. Our system will store the pattern for you too, so you don't ever have to worry about losing it. PLUS any time we update the pattern, you will have free access to our updates.